Information for members of the LGPS and those with police, firefighter, teacher and NHS pensions

Can I transfer another pension to the FPS 1992?

What happens if you want to transfer other pensions to the FPS 1992.

Now that the scheme is closed, a transfer of pension rights is no longer possible.

If you have pension rights in some other arrangement but have lost contact with the administrators, you can use the Pension Tracing Service. All pension schemes, including the Firefighters’ Pension Scheme 1992 (FPS 1992), have to be registered with the Tracing Service. This can help pension holders or their dependants trace ‘lost’ pension rights.

Last updated:
10 July 2018

Share this