Complain about a councillor's conduct

What to do if you are unhappy with a councillor's behaviour.

The rules which apply to the conduct of elected members of the County Council are set out in the Code of Conduct (available below) in the County Council’s constitution.

If you feel that these rules have been breached please contact the County Council’s monitoring officer, Tony Kershaw, Director of Law, Assurance and Strategy.

Complaints about conduct which may amount to a breach of the Code of Conduct are referred to the Standards Committee for a decision about what action should be taken.

The procedure and guidance relied on by the Standards Committee are set out in Part 3, Appendix 6 of the County Council’s Constitution

Supporting documents

Last updated:
27 March 2018

Share this

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.