Last updated:
27 November 2017

Complain about a Freedom of Information response

What to do if you are dissatisfied with the County Council's response to your FOI request.

If you are dissatisfied about the response to your FOI request, you have the right to ask for a review. The Information Commissioner will expect you to do this before you can apply to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for a ruling.

To request a review you can either:

Please explain why you are not satisfied.

Complaints about non-compliance with publication scheme obligations should initially be made to West Sussex County Council, but may be escalated to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). 

The ICO can look into the matter if it appears the public authority is not complying with its duties under the FOI Act. It has discretionary powers to enforce the adoption of a scheme or the disclosure of information which falls within the classes of a publication scheme if they are satisfied that the public authority is not complying with its duties under the Act.


Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.