West Sussex County Council is a substantial landowner and we provide a comprehensive property management service across all sectors. Our portfolio comprises:
- over 300 schools
- 35 libraries
- 28 fire stations
- 8 highways depots
- over 400,000 square feet of office space
- 1,100 acres of agricultural land and smallholdings.
With over 1,300 premises and land holdings in excess of 12,000 separate buildings, we have a total asset value of £2.6 billion.
Valuation and Estates Management Team - deals with:
- property appraisal and sales of surplus assets
- acquisition of property for WSCC service needs
- day-to-day estate management of the property portfolio.
Our strategic estate project management work also involves adding value to properties across the estate.
Phone Ann Campbell on: 033 022 23022 for more information.
Property and Asset Records - deals with:
- maintaining the Atrium corporate database with building and site activity, contact details, accessibility of reports and information, and maintenance and removal of asbestos
- managing historical record drawings and property manuals
- maintaining property data for floor areas, hierarchy, condition and construction
- providing guidance and advice on properties and software
- providing property-related reports to internal and external bodies.
Email: email@example.com for more information.
Land and Property Information - deals with:
- the collection and management of land and property ownership information for the WSCC estate
- plans of WSCC ownership and interrogate historic records to determine WSCC obligations and responsibilities across our estate
- provision of Capital and Infrastructure information under the Freedom of Information Act.
Phone Nicola Tildesley on: 033 022 23012 for more information.
Business Management Team - deals with:
- providing support and information to WSCC staff and property users
- the preparation of business planning documents
- delivering corporate strategies
- developing and managing procedures
- monitoring budget and performance
- internal communications.
Phone Sally Ottery on: 033 022 23021 for more information.
Energy Management Team - deals with:
- budgets and administration of energy and water supplies to the County Council, schools and academies
- energy billing queries
- making use of ‘smart meter’ data
- energy performance and initiatives
- display energy certificates for schools.
Phone Daire Casey on: 033 022 23005 for more information.