A to Z search:

When you first contact us

The County Council has a centralised first point-of-contact with two dedicated teams:

Woman making a phone callTeam 1 – when you phone you will first speak to one of our specialist advisers in the Contact Centre. They will:

  • help support you to find information and advice about your social care enquiry;
  • forward urgent enquiries, including any safeguarding concerns to Team 2 – our specialist helpdesk; and 
  • record details of non-urgent enquiries and arrange for someone from the specialist helpdesk to contact you by the end of the following working day.

Team 2
– our specialist helpdesk includes social care workers, occupational therapists and sensory advisers. They will:

  • carry out assessments, offer specialist advice and identify people who may be eligible for funded social care or equipment loan, with a strong focus on promoting independence; and 
  • respond to all urgent enquires, including safeguarding concerns.

Our new website Connect to Support has further information on how you can take stock of your own situation before contacting Adults’ Services. We call this 'self-appraisal'. This can be useful for the subsequent assessment process.

You can find our contact details on this page.

We also want to support carers. So, if you are a carer, please get in touch to see if we can help.

Sharing information about you

We work closely with other agencies to make sure adults living in West Sussex receive coordinated assessments and support.

We will ask your permission to share this information about you. This means you should not have to repeat the same information each time a care professional, such as your doctor, is consulted.

It also gives the care professionals the information they need to support you.

We will always seek your agreement before contacting others, unless by doing so someone will be placed at risk of harm or abuse.

This is because we have a legal responsibility to make sure we protect people who could be at risk.

Additional information



© Copyright 2014 West Sussex County Council, County Hall, Chichester PO19 1RQ.

  • Bengali
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu
  • Pashto
  • Gujarati

Privacy policy | Disclaimer | Site map
Site implementation by Unified Solutions Logo Unified Solutions Ltd